About this course
Is this for you?
This course is aimed at learning professionals who have a responsibility for responding to the learning and performance requirements of their clients, whether you operate internally as a learning manager, performance consultant, or business partner, or externally as a vendor or consultant.
Take this course and you’ll be able to:
- determine the cause of a performance problem;
- respond appropriately should there not be any evidence of a learning requirement;
- identify the types of learning required and the implications this might have for the design of the solution;
- identify the characteristics of the target population and the implications these might have for the design of the solution;
- identify the logistical constraints and the implications these might have for the design of the solution;
- respond professionally and assertively should the client be pushing you prematurely towards a solution they favour;
- summarise your analysis, determine the type of solution required and provide your client with a value proposition.
How it works
The course is composed of five lessons, each of which includes a short video and an activity to complete. The activities are designed to help you build your confidence in analysing requirements, particularly in meetings with clients and sponsors at which the parameters for an intervention are often established.
To support you in applying what you have learned you will be provided with a range of additional resources, including a reference document and an infographic.
If you complete the course, you will receive a Skills Journey badge. If you want, you can complete an optional assignment to help you put what you have learned into practice and demonstrate your skills to others.