About this course
Is this for you?
This course is aimed at anyone who provides support to people engaged in learning and development activities, regardless of your job role. No prior knowledge or experience is required – just a willingness to do a great job of helping people to fulfil their potential.
Take this course and you’ll be able to:
- differentiate between coaching, mentoring, instructing and facilitating;
- help the learner to set specific, measurable goals for their learning experiences;
- help the learner to check the current reality – where they are now;
- help the learner to review available options for bridging the gap between their goals and the current reality;
- help the learner to decide on a way forward.
How it works
The course is comprised of eight lessons, each of which includes at least one video and sometimes an activity to complete. You will also be provided with a range of valuable resources that you can use for on-going reference, including a quick reference guide and an infographic.
If you complete the course, you will receive a Skills Journey badge. If you want, you can complete an optional assignment to help you put what you have learned into practice and demonstrate your skills to others.