About this course
Is this for you?
This course is aimed at anyone who expects to play a role in the design and development of any form of digital learning content, whether you will be managing that process, working on a team with specialists or doing it all yourself.
Take this course and you’ll be able to:
- devise a compelling concept for each piece of digital content that you develop;
- come up with a structure for your content that motivates the learner to maintain attention from beginning to end;
- select the most appropriate media mix for your content, minimising the risk of overloading the learner either visually or verbally;
- use clear, friendly, conversational language for your on-screen text, for voiceover and for dialog;
- use storytelling to bring your content to life and make it more memorable;
- build in stretching yet reachable challenges to encourage your learner to work with your content and enhance their level of engagement.
How it works
The course is comprised of seven lessons, each of which includes a short video and one or more activities to complete. The activities will help you build your skills and confidence. You will also be provided with a range of valuable resources that you can use for on-going reference, including the book The Six Characteristics of Compelling Content.
If you complete the course, you will receive a Skills Journey badge. If you want, you can complete an optional assignment to help you put what you have learned into practice and demonstrate your skills to others.