About this course
Is this for you?
This course is aimed at digital content designers who want to create content enriched with meaningful, challenging interactivity.
Complete this course and you’ll be able to:
- make the case for meaningful and challenging interactivity in digital learning content;
- recognise opportunities for using interactions in a number of different circumstances – diagnostic assessment, formative assessment, spaced practice, summative assessment;
- choose appropriate question formats for interactions that address different types of knowledge (facts, concepts, principles, processes, rules, procedures, structures);
- write questions for which the answers are not obvious to the learner;
- write questions that are not confusing for the learner;
- provide the appropriate level of feedback depending on the purpose of the interaction;
- take steps to ensure the validity and reliability of assessments.
How it works
The course is comprised of seven lessons, each of which includes a short video as well as an activity which will help you to build your skills and confidence. We also provide you with a range of valuable resources that you can use for on-going reference, and opportunities to engage with others taking the module.
If you complete the course, you will receive a Skills Journey badge. If you want, you can complete an optional assignment to help you put what you have learned into practice and demonstrate your skills to others.