About this course
Is this for you?
This course is aimed at learning professionals who have a responsibility for designing learning solutions to meet the needs of their clients, whether you operate internally as a manager, learning specialist or business partner, or externally as a consultant or designer of learning experiences and resources.
Take this course and you’ll be able to:
- interpret the information gathered during the analysis phase in terms of its implications for the solution;
- structure a solution in order to ensure effective transfer of learning;
- select appropriate strategies for teaching and learning at each phase in your solution;
- make appropriate design decisions in terms of who the learner needs to work with and when;
- decide when it is necessary to introduce face-to-face elements and when working online would be more appropriate;
- achieve the right balance between live and self-paced elements in your design;
- apply what you have learned to any real-world problem, large or small.
When to take this course
Although this course will stand alone, it is designed to ideally follow on from Analysing Needs.
How it works
The course is composed of seven lessons, each of which includes a short video and an activity to complete. The activities will help you to build your skills and confidence. You will also be provided with a wide range of other resources that you can use for further exploration and to support you in applying your new skills, including a five case study videos, handouts, worked examples of blended solutions, Q&A videos, infographics and animated explainer videos.
If you complete the course, you will receive a Skills Journey badge.