About this course
Is this for you?
This course is aimed at learning professionals who have a responsibility for providing strategic consulting services for their clients, whether you operate internally as a manager, learning specialist or business partner, or externally as a consultant. Specifically, you will be interested in the broader context in which a population of employees learns and develops over time and not just at how to make a formal response to a particular problem.
Take this course and you’ll be able to:
- identify the characteristics of the true learning professional;
- distinguish between the various contexts in which learning occurs in the workplace;
- recognise, for a given population, the available opportunities for enhancing workplace learning in all its contexts;
- recommend, for a given population, an appropriate balance between formal, non-formal, on-demand and experiential learning;
- describe the conditions under which bottom-up learning can successfully flourish; recommend, for a given population, an appropriate balance between top-down and bottom learning.
How it works
The course is composed of seven lessons, each of which includes a short video and an activity to complete. You will also be provided with a number of e-books that you can use for on-going reference as well as an infographic.
If you complete the course, you will receive a Skills Journey badge. If you want, you can complete an optional assignment to help you put what you have learned into practice and demonstrate your skills to others.