About this course
Is this for you?
This course is aimed at learning professionals who have a responsibility for providing strategic consulting services for their clients, whether you operate internally as a manager, learning specialist or business partner, or externally as a consultant. Specifically, you will be interested in the broader context in which a population of employees learns and develops over time and not just at how to make a formal response to a particular problem.
Take this course and you’ll be able to:
- apply a range of measures to determine how efficiently a solution has been implemented, including time, cost, volume and use of capacity;
- select appropriate techniques for measuring the response of learners to your solution;
- select appropriate techniques for assessing whether the desired learning outcomes have been achieved;
- select appropriate techniques for determining whether the desired behaviour change has taken place and whether the learning solution was the cause of any change;
- select appropriate techniques for determining whether the desired impact has been made and whether the learning solution was the cause of any impact;
- calculate ‘value for money’ using return on investment analysis;
- weighing up all the evidence, determine whether a solution has been successful in meeting expectations and how it could be improved for the future.
How it works
The course is composed of seven lessons, each of which includes a short video and an activity to complete. These activities will help you to build your skills and confidence. You will also be provided with a number of resources to assist you in putting your new skills into practice, including handouts and an infographic.
If you complete the course, you will receive a Skills Journey badge. If you want, you can complete an optional assignment to help you put what you have learned into practice and demonstrate your skills to others.