You cannot manage what you do not measure. You owe it to all your stakeholders – project sponsors, managers, learning professionals and learners – to check whether a solution has contributed to meeting the need on which your original proposal was based, whether it has delivered value for money, and whether it can be improved for the future.
This course provides you with the skills and confidence you need to effectively evaluate the success of learning solutions for the benefit of all your stakeholders.
Is this for you?
This course is aimed at learning professionals who have a responsibility for providing strategic consulting services for their clients, whether you operate internally as a manager, learning specialist or business partner, or externally as a consultant. Specifically, you will be interested in the broader context in which a population of employees learns and develops over time and not just at how to make a formal response to a particular problem.
Take this course and you’ll be able to:
- apply a range of measures to determine how efficiently a solution has been implemented, including time, cost, volume and use of capacity;
- select appropriate techniques for measuring the response of learners to your solution;
- select appropriate techniques for assessing whether the desired learning outcomes have been achieved;
- select appropriate techniques for determining whether the desired behaviour change has taken place and whether the learning solution was the cause of any change;
- select appropriate techniques for determining whether the desired impact has been made and whether the learning solution was the cause of any impact;
- calculate ‘value for money’ using return on investment analysis;
- weighing up all the evidence, determine whether a solution has been successful in meeting expectations and how it could be improved for the future.
How it works
The course is composed of seven lessons, each of which includes a short video and an activity to complete. These activities are critical if you are to build your skills and confidence and prepare adequately for your final assignment. You will also be provided with a number of resources to assist you in putting your new skills into practice, including handouts and an infographic.
If you complete the course, you will receive a Skills Journey badge. If you want, you can complete an optional assignment to help you put what you have learned into practice and demonstrate your skills to others.