Is this for you?
This course is aimed at anyone who would like to use an online learning community to enhance and extend learning and collaboration. It is important to recognise that for a learning community to be successful, its participants are likely to need support. There is a crucial role to play in keeping content fresh and reliable, encouraging contribution and collaboration, and ensuring that the community develops in the intended direction.
So, whatever role you play in a learning community – and there are many – it is going to be critical to the success of the learning experience. Our aim with this course is to help you to do a fantastic job of supporting learners in a learning community.
Complete this course and you’ll be able to:
- Select the right type of community to support your learners
- Identify that roles that you and others need to take in the community
- Establish your presence in the community
- Keep things moving by promoting content and conversation
- Decide when to get involved and when not to
- Pick the right tool for the job
How it works
The course is comprised of eleven lessons, each of which includes at least one video and sometimes an activity to complete. You will also be provided with a range of valuable resources that you can use for on-going reference.